Sunday, January 27, 2013

Saying Goodbye Is Just Plain Weird

Saying goodbye to something you will never see again is completely normal, unless it is your "chest" and then that's just plain weird.  There will be no long drawn out goodbyes....No waving.... No final words.  I've mourned the "loss"  and I'm done with it!  Time to stop thinking of what to mourn and start praising and rejoicing for what I'm gaining.  What am I gaining????  I'm gaining my body back!  My cancer free (Claiming in the name of Jesus) body! Time to start the process of getting this behind me and moving forward!  Time to add this to my testimony....my testimony that I will tell to lead others to Christ and to promote early detection of breast cancer! 

So I'm choosing Christ (faith) over Satan (fear)!  

Trusting in my Ultimate Healer (healer of all of me physical, emotional, and spiritual)


So ADIOS cancer!  You are not welcome here!

~Updates regarding my surgery will come from my family until I can move my fingers enough to type.  I'm also refraining from the computer until all drugs are out of my system.  Who knows what I would write while still being medicated!  ha


Btw, look what the hospital and radiology staff is going to get from me tomorrow morning!  Aren't those the cutest bikini top and breast cancer ribbon cookies E.V.E.R.   Classic Goodness Bakery is unbelievable!  Thank you Stacy!!!!   www.classicgoodnessbakery.com

Hugs to all,
Amy

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you this morning and always! May God comfort you and your family. May your recovery be fast and complete!!
    Diana Hoehn
    (Your Indiana Family)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the cookies!!! We are continually praying for you and your family! You're such a rockstar!
    Love,
    Your Preop Nurses

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing, friend. That is all.

    Love you,
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd give you mine if I could! ;) Godspeed your healing and recovery!! Gonna be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the cookies! You have an amazing story to tell and God is going to work through you and your family during this time. God is sovereign! Many prayers for you Amy! You rock!
    Post-Surgical Nurse
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete